Friday, May 17, 2013

Corn Chaat/Masala Corn



A simple corn recipe with minimal ingredients!!
CAUTION:My whole family is addicted to this recipe and may cause the same to you too :)
Here goes the recipe......


Serves - 1
Time - 5 minutes
INGREDIENTS:

Corn kernels - 1 cup(I used frozen corn kernels)
Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
Chaat masala - a pinch
Mango/Amchur pwd - a pinch (opt)
Red chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
Butter - 1 tsp

METHOD:
  1. Add the corn kernels along with chaat masala,red chilly powder,mango powder and melted butter.
  2. Mix them well and microwave it for 2 minutes or until the butter melts.Remove it from microwave,add the lemon juice with needed salt and mix well.Serve hot and enjoy!!

SCRIBBLED NOTES:
  • Adjust spice level as per your taste.
  • If using corn cobs,pressure cook them for  4 to 5 whistles in salt water.
  • Chaat masala has salt in it,so add salt accordingly.


33 comments:

  1. He..hee..caution for chaat I like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this recipe, I also think it would be good served cold like with a fish taco. My sister and I are having a BBG Block Party - Linky Party next thursday. Would love it if you would join us. This would be a great side dish. http://easylifemealandpartyplanning.blogspot.com/p/bbq-block-party-thursday-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. luv this easy peasy corn chatany time.luks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corn Chaat looks yummy .. Wish I could grab that bowl.. Happy to follow you..

    ReplyDelete
  5. simple but delicious chaat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simplicity is exploding in flavors. That combo of masala and chilies are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you navanee..You are always there to encourage me...:)

      Delete
  7. Love chaat but this one is new to me. Have to try sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple flavour with exotic taste. a great quicky treat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite .. Looks yummyyy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this. Healthy snack to have at any time.

    Do check this:

    http://rakshaskitchen.blogspot.com/2013/04/nunaturals-stevia-giveaway-worth-57-usd.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. My elder daughter would love this...really good... I'm so sorry dear, I thot ur page was on my feed... :( wud update n ensure 2 check u regularly...

    ReplyDelete
  12. this one is delicious snack. yummy yummy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks yummy!!! Zini's favorite..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very much tempting Nisha...Me too is a fan of dis chat....

    ReplyDelete

Hi ,Thank you so much for your valuable comments.